05/2016: Dr. phil. in Communication Research. Title
of the dissertation: "Medienselektion im Alltag.
Die Rolle von Gewohnheiten im Selektionsprozess"
Since 08/2010: Member of the research team of Prof. Daschmann at the department of communication, University of Mainz
01/2008 – 06/2010: Consultant international and consumer research, IFAK institute (Taunusstein)
10/2007: Graduation (M.A.). Master thesis: „States or Traits? Factors influencing the willingness to participate in telephone surveys“
02/2004 - 10/2007: Assistant at forum! Marktforschung (Mainz)
04/2003 - 08/2006: Statistics tutor, department of communication, University of Mainz
10/2002 - 10/2007: Master’s program (communication research, law, and politics), University of Mainz
- Media use & effects
- Mobile media and communication
- Quantitative research methods
- Top Faculty Paper 2020 of ICA's Mobile Communication Interest Group (Paper: "What determines instant messaging communication? Examining the impact of person- and situation-level factors on IM responsiveness and perceived stress"; with Leyla Dogruel)
- Best Proposal Award 2017 of the DGPuK division Methods (Presentation: "Modellierung von Dynamiken mittels latenter Wachstumskurvenmodelle: eine methodische Erweiterung am Beispiel der Mediennutzung", with Frank Mangold)
- Research grant from the "Friends of the University of Mainz" for an outstanding dissertation (2017)
- Award for the best dissertation on media convergence, Research Center on Media Convergence, University of Mainz (2016)
- Top Student Paper Award 2013 of ICA’s Mass Communication Division (Paper: "Media Habits: The Core of Media Repertoires"; with Cornelia Wolf)
- Poster Award 2013 at the 15th General Online Research Conference (GOR) (Poster: "Measuring Media Habits in a Self-Administered Online Questionnaire"; with Teresa K. Naab)
- alumni thesis-award granted by the alumni foundation, 2008
- "Master thesis of the year 2008" granted by the department of communication, University of Mainz
Activities and Roles
Since 05/2020: treasurer of the German Communication Association (DGPuK)
02/2019 - 01/2021: spokesperson of the division Media Reception and Effects of the German Communication Association (DGPuK) (with Frank Mangold)
09/2013 – 08/2015: spokesperson of the young academics‘ group NaRezFo (with Christine E. Meltzer and Julia Niemann)
Member of the organizing team (with Christine E. Meltzer and Philipp Müller) of the annual conference of the Media Reception and Effects devision of the German Communication Association (DGPuK) (Mainz; January/February 2019)
Member of the organizing team of the 58th annual conference of DGPuK (Mainz; May, 2013)
Member of the organizing team (with Melanie Magin, Stefan Geiß, Philipp Weichselbaum and Sven Engesser) of the first DGPuK young academics conference (Mainz; September, 2012)
Editorial board member "Media Psychology" and "Mobile Media & Communication"
Ad-hoc reviewer "Journal of Communication", "Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking", "New Media & Society", "Mass Communication & Society", "Psychology of Popular Media Culture", "Annals of the International Communication Association", "International Journal of Communication", and "Medien & Kommunikationswissenschaft"